This one-day workshop held in conjunction with RecSys 2017 addresses specific challenges for recommender systems in the tourism domain. Planning a vacation usually involves searching for a set of products that are interconnected (e.g., transportation, lodging, attractions) with limited availability, and where contextual aspects may have a major impact (e.g., spatiotemporal context). RecTour 2017 aims at attracting presentations of novel ideas in order to advance the current state of the art in the field of tourism recommenders; topics include specific applications and case studies (evaluation), specific methods and techniques, context and mobility, the cold-start problem, preference elicitation, and emotions and recommenders. Researchers and practitioners from different fields are invited to submit research and position papers as well as demonstration systems.
ACM RecSys 2017 and its related workshops will take place in Como, Italy, from August 27th to August 31st, 2017.
- The workshop proceedings have been published online by by CEUR Workshop Proceedings (Vol-1906). They can also be downloaded here in a single PDF file (6.5 MB).
- We are pleased to announce Neal Lathia (Skyscanner) as keynote speaker of RecTour 2017.
- The preliminary workshop program is online now.
- A list of accepted contributions can be found here.
- Please note that the early registration deadline for RecSys 2017 has been postponed to July 20th, 2017.