This one-day workshop held in conjunction with RecSys 2018 addresses specific challenges for recommender systems in the tourism domain. Planning a vacation usually involves searching for a set of products that are interconnected (e.g., transportation, lodging, attractions) with limited availability, and where contextual aspects may have a major impact (e.g., time, location, weather). RecTour 2018 aims at attracting presentations of novel ideas in order to advance the current state of the art in the field of tourism recommenders; topics include specific applications and case studies (evaluation), specific methods and techniques, context and mobility, the cold-start problem, preference elicitation, and emotions and recommenders. Researchers and practitioners from different fields are invited to submit research and position papers, project ideas as well as demonstration systems.
ACM RecSys 2018 and its related workshops will take place in Vancouver, Canada, from October 2nd to October 7th, 2018.
- Please find here the workshop program.
- The tentative list of accepted RecTour 2018 contributions is online!
- RecTour 2018 will feature two keynote presentations by Dietmar Jannach (Alpen-Adria-Universität Klagenfurt, Austria) and by Themis Mavridis (Booking.com, Netherlands).
- Due to several requests, we extended the RecTour 2018 deadline by one week to July 23rd, 2018.
- Please find here the (tentative) Program Committee.
- The Call for Papers is now online!