Foto © Luiza Puiu
|Univ. Prof. Dr.
|Head of the Research Group on High Performance Computing Systems
|Institute of Information Systems Engineering
|Vienna University of Technology
|Room Nr. HC0205|
+43 (1) 58801 188761
department secretary Ms. Wogowitsch:
+43 (1) 58801 18808
+43 (1) 58801 18899
[Profile] [Research] [Teaching] [Keynotes and invited talks] [Group] [Webcasts] [Publications] [Community activities] [Media Appearance] [Projects]
We are part of the Institute of Information Systems Engineering.
My research team:
Former research fellows:
- Dr. Rafael B. Uriarte (Marie Curie fellow), now at Max Planck, Florence, Italy
- Dr. Atakan Aral (FWF research fellow), now post doc at Uni Wien
Visiting Phd students:
- 2017: Vincenzo Scoca, IMT Lucca, Italy, joint papers: CLOSER 2018, best student paper award
- 2016: Bogdan-Constantin Irimie, Universitatea Politehnica Timisoara, Romania
- 2014: Foued Jrad, Steinbuch Centre for Computing, KIT, Germany, joint papers: FGCS 2015, CLOSER 2014, GECON 2014
- 2013: Andres Garcia Garcia, Universitat Politècnica de València, Spain, joint papers: JSS 2016, COMPSAC 2014
Past PhD students:
- Dražen Lučanin, Energy Efficient Cloud Control and Pricing in Geographically Distributed Data Centers, finished 2016, now independent consultant, Vienna, Austria.
- Toni Mastelić, Scalable Monitoring for Energy Efficient Cloud Computing Environments, finished 2016, now at Ericsson NT, Split, Croatia.
- Soodeh Farokhi, Formal Models for Cloud Verification, finished 2016
- Ivan Bresković, Market Models for Cloud Computing, finished 2013, now Data Analyst at the European Commission, Brussels, Belgium.
- Vincent C. Emeakaroha, Efficient SLA Management in Self-adaptable Clouds, finished 2012, now Assistant Professor at University College Cork, Ireland.
- Michael Maurer, Knowledge Management in Self-adaptable Clouds, finished 2012, now founder and owner esquirrel.at
PhD Thesis Reviewer/Opponent/Committee Member:
- Mulugeta Ayalew Tamiru, Rennes, Inria, CNRS, Sep 2021
- Ali Jawad Fahs, University Rennes, Inria, CNRS, Dec 2020.
- Rachel Shaw, National University of Galway, Ireland Oct. 2020.
- Gustavo Rostirolla, University of Toulouse III Paul Sabatier, Nov. 2019.
- Xuezhi Zeng, Australian National University, Nov. 2019
- Thomas Renner, TU Berlin, Germany, October 2018.
- Mareike Höger, TU Berlin, Germany, October 2018.
- Hamid Faragardi, Mälardalens högskola, Västerås, Sweden, March 2018.
- Seyed-Saeid Masoumzadeh, Vienna University (reviewer)
- Hamid Reza Faragardi, Mälardalens högskola, Västerås, Sweden (opponent)
- Shyam S. Wagle, University of Bologna, Italy (reviewer)
- Andrea Moricetta, IMT Lucca, Italy (reviewer)
- Werner Mach, Cloud Service Negotiations, University of Vienna (reviewer)
- Wubin Le, Algorithms and Systems for Virtual Machine Scheduling in Cloud Infrastructures, Umeå University, Sweden (examiner).
- Andres Garcia Garcia, SLA-Driven Cloud Computing Domain Representation and Management, Universitat Politècnica de València (examiner)
- Foued Jrad, SLA brokering in Multi Clouds, KIT, Karlsruhe, Germany (examiner)
- Miao Wang, Monitoring Large-Scale Cloud Computing Applications, University College Dublin (examiner)
- Enda Barrett, A Learning Architecture to Support Autonomous Resource Scheduling and Allocation in the Cloud, NUI, Galway, Ireland (examiner)
- Aida Čaušević, Formal Approaches for Behavioral Modeling and Analysis of Design-time Services and Service Negotiation, Mälardalens högskola, Västerås, Sweden (examiner)
- Rodrigo N. Calheiros, Automated Emulation of Distributed Systems through System Management and Virtualization. Pontifcia Universidade Catolica do Rio Grande do Sul, Brasil; now at University of Melbourne (examiner)
- Bernhard Schwarz, Self-Elective Model Branching in Online Machine Learning on the Edge
- Manuel Lindner, Priority Based Mobile Edge Cloud Offloading (PBMECO) algorithm for
latency sensitive applications, January 2021
- Ivan Bodrozic, Near Real Time Object Detection in Resource Constrained Edge
Environments (ERASMUS/University of Split) 2020.
- Josip Lasic, Communication Models for Edge and 5G (ERASMUS/University of Zagreb)
- Michael Eder, Failure Tolerance for Edge Offloading based on Model Checking, 2020.
- Oliver Schauermüller, Quality of Service for cloud services using control theory, 2019.
- Florian Rohrer, Multi-objective User and Virtual Machine Assignment Using Biogeography-
Based Optimization, 2018.
- Andreas Egger, Kosteneffizientes Ressourcenmanagement in verteilten Cloud Datenzentren.
- Ivan Lujic, Analysis of unevenly spaces time-series data in highly distributed and unreliable networks.
- Jasmina Jašarević: Wait Time: Performance Metric as a result of resource provisioning in cloud environments. University of Split, Croatia, Sep. 2014. (co-advisor)
- Dmytro Grygorenko. Cost-based Decision Making in Cloud Environments using Bayesian Networks. finished August 2014.
- Kateryna Zaslavska. Performance Analysis of big Data Tools based on Benchmarks for Store Sales Forecasting. finished August 2014.
- Peter Patonei, Load Balancing by Using Time Series Forecasting on Big Data, finished August 2014
- Martin Jenny, Distributed Power Quality Monitoring in the Cloud, ongoing.
- Sarita Paudel, Evaluating Software Development Standards for Critical Infrastructure IT in the Cloud. in collaboration with Austrian Institute of Technology. finished August 2014
- Martin Sölkner. Energie Effizienter Elastizitätsmanager für Clouds. finished 2013.
- Ivan Jukić, Profiliranje programa u svrhu procjene potrošnje računalskih resursa, Sveučiliste u Splitu, Croatia, 2013.
- Toni Mastelić. Service Provisioning Management via Application Monitoring in Cloud Environment. Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mechanical
Engineering and Naval Architecture, University of Split, Croatia. (co-advisor)
- Mario Volf. Upravljanje znanjem u samoprilagodljivim cloud sustavima. Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mechanical
Engineering and Naval Architecture, University of Split, Croatia, finished Oct. 2010. (co-advisor)
- Alexander Albl, Ein schlankes Workflow-Tool fuer Bioinformatik, TU Vienna, in collaboration with BOKU Wien, Sep. 2010.
- Gabriel Kittel, Survey and Taxonomy of Autonomic Grid and Cloud Computing, finished 2011.
- Dejan Mušić, VieSLAF: Increasing the Versatility of Grid QoS by applying SLA-Mapping Techniques, TU Vienna, 2009.
Last changed: 30.12.2021