Foto © Luiza Puiu
|Univ. Prof. Dr.
|Head of the Research Group on High Performance Computing Systems
|Institute of Information Systems Engineering
|Vienna University of Technology
|Room Nr. HE0224|
+43 (1) 58801 188761
department secretary Ms. Wogowitsch:
+43 (1) 58801 18808
+43 (1) 58801 18899
[Profile] [Research] [Teaching] [Keynotes and invited talks] [Group] [Webcasts] [Publications] [Community activities] [Media Appearance] [Projects]
keynotes and invited talks
- Invited Talk on Edge Computing as a Missing Link in the Post Moore Era, Mini Symposium "Robust Science Roadmap: Challenges in Software Systems and High Throughput Computing Applications", SIAM Conference on Computational Science and Engineering, February 7 - March 3, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Invited talk on Principles of Sustainable IT, Berta Karlik Lecture, 8th March 2023, Austrian Academy of Science, Vienna, Austria
- Invited talk on Edge Computing as a Missing Link in the Post Moore Era, Multi Core World 2023, 13-17 Feb. 2023, Wellington, New Zealand
- Keynote at Digitaler Salon: Digitalisierung - Fluch und Segen für die Nachhaltigkeit?, 24th Nov. 2022.
- Invited talk: Edge Computing as a Missing Link in the Post Moore Era, Low Carbon and Sustainable Computing Seminar at the University of Glasgow, Thursday, Oct 20th 2022.
- Invited talk: Sustainable Edge Systems. INRIA Strategy Workshop on Middleware and Distributed Systems, July 6th 2022, Paris, France.
- Keynote at 14th International Conference on Parallel Processing and Applied Mathematics (PPAM2022), Gdansk, Poland, September 11-14 2022.
- Keynote at 13th International Conference on Performance Engineering (ICPE) Beijing China, April 9-13 2022.
- Invited talk on "Data Science Driven Methods for Sustainable and Failure Tolerant Edge Systems", Nov. 29th 2021, YODA research group INRIA/IRISA, invited expert talk (online)
- Invited talk on "The Costs of Digital Transformation ", Oct. 19th 2021, Festo, invited expert talk (online)
- Invited tutorial on "Data-Driven Techniques for Fault Tolerance in Edge Computing Systems - Theory", Oct. 8th 2021, Fog Tutorial for Industrial IoT, Embedded Systems Week (ESWEEK 2021)
- Invited webinar Wolf Theiss, "The Future of Computing", webinar series, June 10th 2021
- Invited Talk "Disrupting energy" Singularity University, chapter Vienna, June 24th 2020
- International Summer School on IoT (online talk), I gave 2 talks x 2h on energy efficient computing in June 2020
- Invited talk on "Herauforderung der Informatik im Zeitalter der Digitalen Transformation", January 18th 2019, OEAW Plenary Meeting, Vienna Austria.
- Invited talk on "Edge Computing", Dez 4th 2018, Innovators Talk Series, T-Systems, Vienna, Austria.
- Invited talk on "Facilitating Near real time analytics on the edge through staleness control", October 2nd 2018, Faculty of Computer Science, Vienna University, Austria
- Invited talk on "Challenges in Runtime Management of Ultrascale Near Real-Time Applications", March 8th 2018, Mälardalens högskola, Västerås, Sweden
- Invited talk on "Challenges of Near-real time ultra-scale systems", Panel session: Telco meets ICT, SoftCOM September 22nd, 2017, Split Croatia.
- Invited talk on "Challenges in Management of Geographically Distributed Ultra-scale Applications", TU Berlin, Germany, March 1st 2017.
- Invited talk on "Balancing Quality of Service and Energy Efficiency in Multi Clouds or How to Prevent Netflix Movies From Getting Stuck?" at Science Days of the Austrian Academy of Sciences (Young Academy), 16th February 2017, Innsbruck, Austria.
- Keynote at the 2016 Workshop on Exascale Multi/Many Core Computing Systems (E-MuCoCoS) in Frankfurt, Germany on 23rd June 2016
- Invited talk at IMT School for Advanced Studies Lucca, Italy, on Challenges in Geo-temporal Control of Multi Clouds May, 10th, 2016.
- Invited talk at Austrian High Performance Computing Workshop 2016 (AHPC16) 22-24 Feb. 2016.
- Keynote talk on Democratization in Science and Technology through Cloud Computing, at International Conference on Software Engineering and Applications - ICSOFT-EA, Vienna 29th August
- Invited talk on Autonomic Cloud Computing at Envisage Project Meeting, Oslo, 23rd-25th June 2014.
- Talk on Autonomic Management of Ultra Scale Systems at NESUS COST Action working Group meeting (WGs on Programming models and runtime in ultra scale systems and Energy Efficiency in Ultra scale systems), Madrid, 7/8th July 2014.
- Invited talk on Time and Space Capacity Planning in Virtualized Infrastructures, Umeå University, Sweden, 24th April 2014.
- Invited talk Reducing Energy Consumption through Cloud at Datacentres Europe 2014, to be held at the Grimaldi Forum, Monaco on 27-29 May 2014.
- Invited talk on Autonomic Cloud Computing at ORT Braude College, Karmiel, Israel, Democratizing Science through self-manageable Clouds, Dec 17th 2013.
- Keynote talk at Danube Region Business Forum, Democratization in Science and Technology through Cloud Computing, Austrian Federal Economic Chamber, November 14 - 15 2013, Vienna, Austria.
- Invited talk at Leibniz Rechenzentrum, Democratizing Science through self-manageable Clouds, November 27th 2013, Garching, Germany.
- Invited talk at Forum Alpbach 2013, "Identität 2.0: der digitale Mensch", Alpbach, August 22-24 2013.
- Invited talk at 15th International Symposium on Symbolic and Numeric Algorithms for Scientific Computing - SYNASC, September 23-26, 2013, Timisoara, Romania.
- Datenschutz in der Cloud. Datenschutzseminar für JournalistInnen. Haus der Europäischen Union, organized by Josef Weidenholzer, June 12th 2013.
- Keynote talk at the First International Workshop on Testing the Cloud
co-located with International Symposium in Software Testing and Analysis (ISSTA) 2013, Lugano, Switzerland, July 15th 2013.
- Invited talk at The Austrian Computer Science Day 2013, at IST Austria, on Reducing Energy Consumption and Improving Bioinformatics with Clouds (?), May 3rd, 2013, at IST Austria.
- Keynote talk on Reducing Energy Consumption by using Clouds, joint keynote at the 3rd International Conference on Cloud Computing and Services Science (CLOSER 2013) and 2nd International Conference on Smart Grids and Green IT Systems (SMARTGREENS), 8-10 May 2013, Aachen, Germany.
- Keynote talk on SLA Management in Clouds at la Conférence d'informatique en Parallélisme, Architecture et Systéme (ComPAS 2013), 15-18 January 2013, Grenoble, France.
- Invited talk on Cloud Computing and Bioinformatics at Kurt Gödel Research Center for Mathematical Logic, Vienna, Austria, Friday, 30th Nov. 2012.
- Keynote talk on Challenges in Establishing International Research in Vienna. Reception for International Scientists in Vienna organized by Alexander van der Bellen (Commissioner for Research) and M. Häupl (Major of Vienna). 13. Nov. 2012. Vienna, Austria.
- Keynote talk on Cloud Computing: Reducing Energy Consumption while Improving
Bioinformatics? - CRG Core Facilities Technology Symposium: "Cloud computing: democratization of high-throughput data analysis", Centre de Regulacio Genomica (CRG) 10th November 2012, Barcelona, Spain.
- Invited talk at BIO-IT World Conference and Expo, on Optimizing Bioinformatics Workflows for Data Analysis Using Cloud Management Techniques, Vienna 9-11 Oct. 2012.
- Invited talk: Let's Audit - Cloud Computing - Selbstbedienung nach Bedarf? Ernst & Young, Vienna Austria, 28. June, 2012.
- Invited talk Managing Energy Efficient Hybrid Clouds, Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Naval Architecture, Split (FESB) 24th April 2012, University of Split, Croatia.
- Keynote talk on Knowledge Management in Energy Efficient Clouds, at CAGing - Collaborative and Autonomic Green computing 2012, held in conjunction with WETICE 2012 -21st IEEE International Conference on Collaboration Technologies and Infrastructures, 25-27 June, 2012, Toulouse, France
- Keynote talk on Challenges in Establishment of Open Cloud Markets, The HPC Advisory Council Switzerland Conference 2012, Lugano Convention Centre, Lugano, Switzerland, March 13-15, 2012.
Last changed: 31.10.2022