This half-day workshop held in conjunction with RecSys 2019 addresses specific challenges for recommender systems in the tourism domain. Planning a vacation usually involves searching for a set of products that are interconnected (e.g., transportation, lodging, attractions) with limited availability, and where contextual aspects may have a major impact (e.g., time, location, weather). RecTour 2019 aims at attracting presentations of novel ideas in order to advance the current state of the art in the field of tourism recommenders; topics include specific applications and case studies (evaluation), specific methods and techniques, context and mobility, the cold-start problem, preference elicitation, and emotions and recommenders. Researchers and practitioners from different fields are invited to submit research and position papers, project ideas as well as demonstration systems.
ACM RecSys 2019 and its related workshops will take place in Copenhagen, Denmark, from September 16th to September 20th, 2019.
- The slides of the RecTour presentations are available online. Please see here.
- The workshop proceedings have been published online by CEUR Workshop Proceedings (Vol-2435). They can also be downloaded here in a single PDF file (5.2 MB).
- The list of accepted papers and the tentative program are now online.
- Please note that the RecTour 2019 submission deadline has been extended to July 8th, 2019.
- We are pleased to announce that Francesco Ricci (Free University of Bozen-Bolzano, Italy) will be the keynote speaker of RecTour 2019.
- The Call for Papers is now online!